Sunday, 6 March 2011

Post Card


THE COVER.... THE CONTENT. 

I knew I'd need this book at some point. I bought it a few months ago. Now I'm heading towards making postcards, it's perfect inspiration. As you can see below, I've been sketching out the images I like and written the ideas they've sparked, along with their references. 




WHAT IDEAS HAS THIS BOOK SPARKED?

Amongst others:-

*which typeface would represent the area of London?
*could i make a map of London in segments which you have to collect from each area (segmented on postcards)?
*could i use peoples' snapshots?
*could i do surreal collages like Nazario Graziano?
*could I look into how weather affects the experience of a place, and give the consumer the option of choosing a postcard reflecting that? (ie. WEATHER WAS SHIT. SO IT WAS SHIT. ..... WEATHER WAS SUBLIME - HAD A GOOD TIME.)
*could I show mundane areas of supposedly nice places?
*could I show London's multiculturalism through typography?
*could I show the type of person you'd find on the train there?

WAS THIS AN EFFECTIVE EXERCISE?

Yes, the book was packed full of imagery that sparked many ideas linking to my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment