I got these ideas from:
*Thinking while I travelled
*Remembering BA students' work
*Looking at the notes in my sketchbook where I scribble down ideas
*Thinking about past projects and projects others are doing i.e Nigel's doing mail art
*Going to Black Gull Books in East Finchley and looking at photography and design books in particular. I noted down headings in the books that would make good titles for a project or made up new ones inspired by the images.
*Looking back on my reflective journal post "How Have I Got Here?"
*Looking at behance.com
This method has been quite useful as I've got ideas from a whole range of sources.
here they are:-
wander and wonder
babies in the technological age
sarcastic typeface
would anyone notice if i died?
families and what they eat for dinner (in style of Gregory Crewdson)
rivers under london
vacant, disused tube stations
mistakes are beautiful
found and lost
throw away art
10 places to hide/ways to disguise a dildo
become a book binder
shadow play
found objects (in style of danny traecy)
help the homeless
-feed a homless writer/artist in exchange for their art
do mugs get scars?
get to know you neighbours
make family history exciting
promote your typeface
mail art and make a book out of the bits
design a stamp that stamps a stamp
second hand world
update gustav klimt
the dark side of light
dreams
train of thought
become another person
ink in water
the achievements of mankind
social chess/monopoly (ie. play in the environment)
kaleidoscope eyes
3d crossword
___________________________
(William Wegman)
Twins with differences
Guise
Remnants
Front and back
Sleepwalkers (Doug Aitken)
We make it/we break it
The city as a body
The exploded drive-in
The new city emerged from the light
A series of connected rhythms continuously expands and shifts
Nothing ever stays the same
We're safe as long as we keep moving
Upside Down
The sun crosses the room and his skin fades away
You can't stop
Is memory something you have or something you've lost?
Electronic Shadows (Tina Keane)
Recycled Realities (Willis and Young)
Dreaming in Pictures (Lewis Caroll)



No comments:
Post a Comment